Industrial Playground: Reclaiming Fun, Freedom and Art After Cancer
An art show extravaganza at Mike Ferguson’s Big Chicken Hot Rods shop in Phoenix
Saturday, January 13 » 6:00 – 9:30 pm
Call for Art Entries
I’m looking for creative folks who have had cancer, been close with someone who has, or who work in a related field, to share a piece of art that was influenced by those experiences.
The theme of this show is about finding the lighter side of life after the chaos and seriousness of cancer.
To submit art for this show ⇒ read the information on this page and then fill out and submit the form at the bottom of this page, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your info and a jpg.
- The artwork doesn’t need to have an obvious visual connection to the theme. Each artist will be asked to write a brief description of the piece and explanation of how it relates to the theme. These will be posted at the show.
- Art doesn’t have to be made specifically for this show, if one of your previous pieces/projects fits the theme, that’s great.
- Entries may be either hanging or free-standing.
- A wide range of mediums is welcome, everything from large, small, complicated, simple, 2D, video and interactive pieces.
- Artists outside of the greater-Phoenix area are encouraged to submit (artists are solely responsible for shipping and insurance costs).
- Mike is moving his shop at the end of January, so by January 13 we will have plenty of room to hang and display art in this beautiful and non-traditional art space. It is a working shop and industrial space, lots of metal and racks and machines and whatnot. If you find rust and metal and machines beautiful, this is the space for you!!
- There is room for freestanding art on pedestals, art hanging from racks and overhead beams, outdoor art, video and/or interactive pieces and some pieces that require traditional wall space.
- All participating artists will have access to the photographs of the event, for their own promotional use.
- All artists will receive contact information for buyers of their work.
- Artist’s names and websites will be listed on the website and on-site at the event.
- Healing Art Curator will provide event graphics for promotional use by artists prior to the show.
- Artists will receive 50% of the proceeds from the sale of each of their pieces. (The remaining 50% will go to Healing Art Curator and Big Chicken Hot Rods for event planning and costs, printing, marketing, staffing, event photography, payment processing, food/beverage and gift baskets for silent auction. Basically, we’ll provide everything except the art!)
- Wall-hung works must be finished with appropriate hardware and ready to hang.
- Work has to be finished and delivered to Big Chicken Hot Rods by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
- The show is one night only. All unsold artwork needs to be picked up by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Lisa Godo – email@example.com / 480-319-4463 cell/text